Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Year 25

Today is the first full day of my 26th year of life. I don’t feel too much older but I am starting to hear a clock ticking! (Yikes) Last year at this time it was an important birthday for me; it was a quarter of a century! I made a vow to myself to make 25 my best year yet. The main goal was to reach for the stars and start moving forward with a career and to grow into a strong woman. I’m not sure if I can say it was my best year, but I do know that is was a successful year! I wanted to see progress and I did!

Early birthday dinner at Disneyland!

I started the year out strong while I began to grow towards a more active, healthy lifestyle. This has slowed down but what I learned about my health was important and I will always have that. I have also found that I enjoy the benefits of daily exercise – has that motivated me enough to be active every day, no, but life is a work in progress right? I’m listening to my body more and trying to give it what it needs in that moment. That’s the main lesson I learned; 

Listen to your body to create the healthiest lifestyle for you! 

I also went in 100% with starting my career. I made a plan, which has changed from time to time, but I am constantly working to move forward. The best part of my journey so far is taking classes at UCR Extension. What was holding me back for so long was the fear and doubt that I didn't have enough knowledge to own my boutique. But in year 25 I eliminated that doubt! Each course completed feeds my soul; I am that much closer to my dream job. Now I have a time-line that has “Open for Business” on it and I couldn't be more excited! The main lesson I learned:

No obstacle is too big to get over! 

Year 25 may have been filled with an immense amount of joy but it was also tainted by a dark cloud. I struggle with acute long-term depression and this past year was a very hard one. There is no particular reason, as depression is from a chemical imbalance, but it is very hard to move forward and grow when it’s there. However, this dark cloud might have been the most important part of my 25th year. I have fought so hard to continue to grow into someone I am proud of. Despite what my mind tells me some days, when I go to bed each day, I know I am that much stronger because of that fight. I have changed into someone who values her body, her health, and her heart. I have grasped my life’s mission and have charged forward by starting an I AM THAT GIRL local chapter, going back to school to own my own business, and started writing a motivational book. 

Looking back, year 25 has been one of my strongest years. I grew so much that I can’t help but be overwhelmed with excitement for year 26! The strength I gained will help me to continue to take control and demand my best life. Year 26 will be filled with so much fierceness and courage – I’m so excited for YOU to see where I go! And through my strength I hope YOU find your courage to charge forward as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment